Friday, April 1, 2011

Guess What?

I have been nominated as a Stylish Blogger.   Gee Thank You "blushing".   Never thought as myself being stylish.  I am beginning to like it.  Maybe I will go out and buy some high heels.  Naw.  I would fall on my face and get a black eye.  So here goes seven things about me:

1. Instead of being an army brat, I was raised a NASA brat.  While growing up my family moved from Idaho to Utah to California to Alabama back to California to Texas, back to California and finally ended back in Idaho.  I have decided to stay here.

2.  My family were caretakers of a cemetery in Idaho.  We use to mow/weed whacked the lawns, dug and buried graves and moved sprinkler pipes.  Because of the work I love cemeteries.  I know weird but boy I can tell you some stories about our work.

3.  May favorite color is green, with yellow a close second.

4.  I use to build sets for the local theater group.  Built a tree for the play Camelot; fell out of it and broke my foot.

5.  I love to make jewelery especially earrings.

6.  I love watches.  I probably have at least 20.

7.  The most important things to me are: My Heavenly Father, my family and friends and my intelligence.  The rest is just stuff.

Now for the nominations.  I nominate the following;

Homemade Quilts by Granny
Flat Creek Farm
Ami.Mental
10 Minutes 2 Breaths
Is It Just Me
Country Bumpkin

I love Maxine.  She is a little crass.  I found this one today.  I can remember when I was young I use to complain about the senior citizens.  Now "I" be one.

Maxine card
Everyone have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. congrats on the award! I enjoyed reading the seven things about you. How interesting to be caretakers of cemeteries. I enjoy walking through them for some strange reason, even if I don't know anyone buried there. I'd be interested in reading any stories you shared about that experience.

    totally agree to your #7!!!

    enjoy the weekend

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on the award. I love reading some more personal things about people I blog with - I find that we become closer as friends. I enjoyed learning about you. Interesting life.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be posting the award on Monday's blog.
    Thank you!

    And I love doing the awards, and enjoy reading new stuff about people, too.

    Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award! I'm glad to have found your blog. Love the comment at the end about senior citizens. LOL> I keep trying to convince myself that I'm not one yet but then I'm slapped with the 55-and-over deals and realize that If I'm not one yet... I'm darn close. Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to several of your statements! I love green and also have freak accidents all the time!! Congradulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for accepting the award!

    What an interesting childhood you had! Did the cemetery frighten you at all in the beginning? I love walking through them, too. There's a comfort and peace in graveyards that can be found nowhere else.

    Green is my favorite color, too!

    And I'm sorry to laugh, but it's just so funny that you designed a tree then fell out of it and broke your own foot!

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete