Sunday, January 30, 2011

Am I Grateful

I read a post today, that made me stop and think.   I have been blaming my depression on SAD but I have come to conclusion that I can't blame all my down moods on it.   I am to blame from most of my depression.  I have been so locked up in my misery that I have not seen the things that Lord has done for me.   I have been blinded to blessings He has been pouring upon me and my family.   I have been a slothful servant.   I have taken my talents and have hidden them and not used them for good.   I have been very ungrateful for the things I have.  

I am a very blessed individual.   I have a Heavenly Father that loves me not matter what I have done.   He is there for me.  He hears my cries.   I want to thank Him.   I am grateful that I am alive.  I have the things that I need to survive.   I have the comforts that others do not. I am grateful.   I have a family that is always there for each other.   We know that if we need help, all we have to do is ask.   I am grateful.   There is beauty all around, even on the dreary days, all I have to do is look for it.   I need to use the eyes, that the Lord has given me, to see the good in a day.  Not the bad.   I am grateful. 

My favorite song is "Come Thou Font".  The verse I love the most is:

Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it;
Seal it for Thy courts above.

I have a tendency to wander, to stray from those things I love.  I wallow in misery, thinking all is lost but I know that my heart and soul have been given to the Lord.  No matter how far I wander, I know that Father is there waiting for my return with open arms.    For that  I AM GRATEFUL.

5 comments:

  1. I think you are way to hard on yourself. Depression is no ones fault - it is depression. Forgive yourself and try to take one day at a time - one step at a time.

    (((HUG))))
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sandie. You've got to just take it one day at a time.

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully and beautifully written. I, for one, can identify with this. Love the song too! We will feel better soon - all we must do is look UP to be reminded of our numerous and plentiful blessings. -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully upbeat and positive post! Thank you for sharing this! I find myself dwelling on my "have nots" and tending to forget all the blessing He has put in my life. Its easy to do, but little things like this post always make me pause to think about all the blessings in my life! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete